As a teacher, September is always a very busy month for me! It also happens to be a busy month for birthdays, too. I have ten birthday cards to make for friends and family members who will be celebrating their birthdays this month! This simple but pretty birthday greeting was made in less than 15 minutes! You can't beat that when you're pressed for time! This particular card was made for the wonderful instructional aide that helps me everyday in my PreK classroom. She's great with my students, always ready to do anything I ask her to do, and, most of all, she makes me laugh! I know she'll like this card because she loves the red floral pattern from the Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper package as much as I do! Happy Birthday, Cheryl!
All supplies used for this card are from Stampin' Up!, unless noted otherwise:
- This card starts with a standard size card base in Whisper White.
- Red floral patterned paper from the Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper was added using SNAIL Adhesive.
- A band of Real Red was added at the bottom of the patterned paper, overlapping the red floral paper slightly to conceal the edge.
- The birthday greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set was stamped directly onto the Whisper White base in Real Red ink. A Stamp-a-ma-jig was used for easy but accurate placement.
- A Hobby Blade was used to cut a small slit in the fold of the card on the left hand side. This allowed the 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Real Red to be threaded through, then wrapped around the front of the card and tied in a simple knot.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Feedback is always appreciated and welcomed! If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work on those birthday cards! One down...nine more to go!